Thursday, October 21, 2010

I am daydreaming right now

Truth be told, I am sitting in a very quiet building waiting for a work function to start in an hour, and I am looking out the window and it looks very much like fall outside.  It IS very much fall outside.  I am sitting here with my calendar in front of me trying to plan out the next few months of my life and I am daydreaming about free time.  Its such a luxury, isn't it?  I am also thinking about a conversation I had with a good friend of mine the other day about someone he knows that is a pastry chef.  The road not travelled for me...mainly because it didn't ever occur to me at college age that I might want a career like that.  He was talking about the commercial kitchen she bakes in and I was practically drooling.  So what's the lesson here?  Carve out more free time to bake?  Return to school to become a pastry chef?  There is a little voice in my head sometimes that says "own a bakery". 

I think I am going to make red velvet cake this weekend.  Probably the one from the Paula Deen cookbook I have.  Maybe I will make several things this weekend.  I love to bake when it gets cold.  And its starting to...

PS.  Here's the view I'm looking out at...

No comments:

Post a Comment