Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pear and Apple Tart

I've made this recipe twice now.  Its a Martha Stewart recipe, and to be honest, I didn't follow it to the letter.  I have no idea how she could have used all the fruit that the recipe called for.  So I used what fit.  Its such a simple recipe and so good that I think pecans and phillo dough are going to be things that I keep on hand so I can make it whenever I want. 

Here's the first time I made it...you layer the dough 4 or 5 times with an entire stick of butter (yowza) and spices and pecans.  And breadcrumbs, actually.  Maybe that's just to hold everything together.  It was SO good. 







I highly recommend.  Two thumbs up.  And I am certain I could get recommendations if you wanted them.  PS.  Its also really good the next day for breakfast.  Ask me how I know. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment